Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Well, sheesh, there's just too much to say.

Also, I think Facebook has really affected blogging, don't you? But I will get around to a proper update. In the meantime here's part of a really badly written e-mail I just sent my dad:

I actually met my department head today, who is very nice, and also Professor David Cowling, who I've been e-mailing with for like two and a half years now, since I very first applied to Durham. Andy (Dr. Beresford, the dept head) said he'd been talking for weeks about finally meeting me. David, who is as wonderful as I thought he'd be, is lending me a biography of Henry VII and I'm giddy with excitement. So that was actually really awesome. Also met some people who are doing the same MA (there aren't very many, and we won't have all the same classes, but some of them) and they're really cool too. Then we all went out for a drink in a tiny Tudor-era pub called The Dun Cow. Also earlier I walked up by Durham Castle and saw about four million incredible photo opportunities; this is I think the most amazing castle-cathedral complex I've ever seen (and I've seen a good many). But I'd forgotten my camera, so, next time. And I did buy a fleece blanket, but haven't had time to find a good pillow yet, which is sucking for my poor neck, but whatever. I'm fine. It was a very good day--just overwhelming; so much to take in and again so many new people and so much to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment